Here are a few of my favorite things when planning a Bar or Bat Mitzvah:
- Taking the chosen theme through all of the party elements, like decor, prizes, place cards, and desserts.
- Planning the schedule – Find the schedule that meets the caterer’s, entertainer’s and family’s needs; don’t assume these are the same!
- Menu Planning – always looking for unusual food elements that fit the hosts and their guests: Cones of French fries? Individual lava cakes? Kid’
s pasta bar?
- Place card selection – so many unusual, theme related items can serve as place cards: shells, sun glasses, lollipops, and more.
- Meeting and promoting vendors – There are some wonderful people who provide excellent, reliable services and maintain values consistent to mine. Not every vendor’s style fits every client so it’s often challenging getting the combination right.
- Finding fun prizes and give-aways for the kids and the adult guests at the party – from “floor trash” to “activity take aways” to “big prizes”.
- Day Of Management – The best bang for your buck! I know that my clients really benefit from having someone to manage the event. I manage the vendors and the schedule, schlep the challah, napkins, place cards, and prizes, avoid disasters and solve problems that the hosts never even know about. I have located lost buses of children, seated extra guests, and plunged toilets – to name a few of the tasks.